On 6 December 2021, Cm3 released an exciting new development to benefit contractors who hold external certifications for Occupational Health and Safety, or a national self-insurer licence. This marked the transition to the practice of maintaining a separate category of assessment for businesses that have significantly invested in their safety compliance.
Cm3 is progressing from the concept of separate Risk Reviews for each item selected in a contractor’s Business Risk Profile, and moving to a systems-based assessment approach. With this, Cm3 recognises both the effort invested in building a certified system, and the findings of the accredited External Auditor.
Where businesses were previously required to complete a Risk Review for each selection of risk or work type and the “General” assessment of safety system structure, this has been replaced by a dedicated Externally Certified Risk Review.
This new Risk Review examines the following:
- A valid Audit certificate issued by an External Auditor accredited by an IAF-MLA member body, eg. JAS-ANZ
- A current audit report or audit executive summary from the certifying auditor
- A national self-insurer licence
- The WHS manual or manual index
- Samples of any relevant WHS plans
- Sample of risk management actions such as implementation of relevant risk assessments or procedures
- Training and competency records
- Sample maintenance records or maintenance procedures for owned plant and equipment
Limited specialised Risk Reviews will be generated if they are selected by the contractor, these are:
- Principal Contractor
- Heavy Vehicle Transport
- Environmental Aspects & Impacts
- Environmental Management System Certification
- High Voltage work
- Storage, Handling, Use or Initiation of Explosives
- Work with Class 3B or 4 Lasers
- Work with Optical Fibre Cabling
- Managing Client Owned Warehouse Operations
- OHS Conviction
- Quality System Certification
- Licences and Authorisations
Only Certifications issued by a certifying auditor that is accredited by an IAF-MLA member body will be accepted into this category. Businesses that have a certificate issued by a non-accredited external auditor showing AS4801, 45001, or 18001 can still participate in Cm3 through the regular Risk Review process.
To learn more, contact Cm3 today.